Sunday, July 19, 2009

Today will be a busy day. I going to try to stay focused and finish several projects. Three ladies in my office have birthdays this month so I am making them each a little notebook organizer for their purses. I will post pictures when they are done. I have a purse I have started for a client/friend that needs to be finished and sent off. I am using a pattern that she liked but that did not have a zipper. She, like most of us, has a problem with unexpected purse flippings and would like me to add a zipper to the purse. I don't have a lot of experience with zippers, but I am giving it a go. I found a nice tutorial at http://www.themikkelsens.net/sarah/journal/2008/o6/recessed-zipper-how-to.html that I am trying to use with my pattern. I am 90% complete, but I am not sure I am liking how it is turning out. I may keep this one for myself and make her a new one now that I am so much more experienced. Not really, but I do have some ideas on how to do it better. Over in the forum at Sew Mama Sew, Irene is hosting a Summer Skirt Sew-Along http://sewmamasew.com/forum/index.php?topic=1915.0 so I want to get started on that. I have picked out my fabric and am narrowing down my decision on a pattern. I think it will be fun to see what everyone makes. I am sure there will be many different patterns and fabrics flying around sewing rooms or Kitchens (in my case). Everyone should join the fun.

That's it for today. Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment